OHSAS 18001 certification is the voluntary application of a system for ensuring the appropriate verification of the health and safety of employees and any other person (supplier, subcontractor, customer, consultant) as well as further compliance with current laws.
- ensuring control and maintenance of compliance with legislation as well as monitoring of workplace health and safety;
- providing a tool to support decisions relating to investment or technological change;
- providing a tool to safeguard business assets;
- ensuring a systematic, predefined approach to the emergencies arising from accidents and incidents;
- improving relationships and communication with the authorities;
- improving corporate image vis-à-vis the customer.